Just posted on my other blog, but I figured since I’m in a blogging mood, I might as well go with it.
I know it’s just been a day since my last post, but I HAD TO share the awesome recipe I discovered last night. Honestly, it was the best recipe discovery I’ve had in ages. I only served it to Andy and I, as I wasn’t sure how it’d go over with my super picky kids. But I did give each child one bite and actually got a green light from all three. Not that doesn’t necessarily mean they would eat a whole bowl as a main course, but we will give it a go the next time I make it. And that will be SOON! It was THAT GOOD!
Here is the original recipe, though I did make a few healthifying (not a word, I know) changes.
Spinach Artichoke Mushroom Casserole
AKA Spinach Artichoke Mushroom Crustless Quiche
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 15 – 20 ounces fresh (or frozen) spinach
- 1 large jar of artichokes, drained and quartered
- 1 lb fat free ricotta
- 1/2 c. cheese (I used colby jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta
- 4 eggs
- eggwhite equivalent of 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x 9 x 2 pan.
- In skillet heat oil, onions, garlic and saute.
- Add mushrooms, cook til soft. Add spinach and artichokes. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Mix eggs and cheeses with nutmeg in small bowl and then add to mix.
- Place in casserole dish and sprinkle w/parm cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes.
(I thought it made about 8 servings, and each was 7 WW Points.)
Oh my! It was AMAZING! Let me know if you try it and what you think!